Last Modified March 12, 2017
This document discloses the privacy practices for www.droidcaddie.com web site and DroidCaddie applications, (collectively “DroidCaddie Apps”, “We”, and “Us”).
By visiting our website (the "Site"), or using the Service, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy available here.
Description of Products
DroidCaddie is a software application product made available for download on an Android compatible mobile device. The DroidCaddie App provides the user with distances to key landmarks on the golf course and tracks the user’s playing statistics, in addition to offering other features related to playing golf.
The DroidCaddie App only connects to our Website to download golf course information; it never uploads any user information from his device, like GPS positions, user handicap or scores; all these bits of information remain only in the user device.
The Droidcaddie Website provides the user with information about the application usage, shows golf courses available for download in the Droidcaddie App and offers general and descriptive information about the service.
To utilize the Service, The User is individually responsible for:
1. Providing all necessary hardware equipment required to use the DroidCaddie App and/or DroidCaddie Website, including but not limited to a Smartphone, Tablet, Computer, or “Wearable” internet-enabled device.
2. Providing internet connection required to use the DroidCaddie App and/or DroidCaddie Website including but not limited to cell phone data services.
3. Paying any costs and fees, whether one-time or ongoing, related to their own provision of items referenced above in (1) or (2), including those specific to service contracts of individual cell phone coverage carriers. The user’s normal applicable carrier rates and fees apply.
4. Ensuring user device is properly secured with the commonly used mechanisms like physical device protection, authentication, authorization, proper wireless network management, etc…
We collect information in the following ways:
1. We collect information from all end-users of the Site: the domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet address of the site from which you direct-linked to ours; the date and time you access the Site and pages you visit. Please note that when the user downloads a golf course information to his device from the DroidCaddie application this is transformed into a page website download, and so the information above is collected.
2. The application saves user statistics and GPS positioning information for the sole purpose of storing golf playing tracking, but this information is solely stored in the user’s mobile device where the application is installed. We never send, use or store this information outside the user’s mobile device. It is the user responsibility to properly store, share, backup or delete such information from the device database.
3. If –optionally- you request for a new golf course to be mapped using our site, we will ask for your email address, for the sole purpose of you being notified when that course is available.
Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a computer for recordkeeping and other purposes. We currently do NOT use “cookies” on the Site.
Use of Collected Information
We only have access to/collect Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We do not share, sell or rent this or any information to anyone.
We only use the Personally Identifiable Information (email if provided, and your internet connection address when connecting to our site) you provide for internal business operations and to respond to your support requests in a timely fashion.
In the event that you contact us for any reason, we may use your information to respond to you.
We do NOT store in our systems any information related to our users’ name, golf habits, courses, GPS positioning, scoring trends, and related data; information about our users’ relationships with golf facilities; etc.
All the user’s golf course and app information is solely stored in the user device, and the user is responsible for the proper use of it.
All commercial transactions are done through Google Play Store, and managed through Google Wallet Merchant Center and so we do not have access to nor store any credit card or billing information outside from Google’s systems.
Data Sharing and Use by Third Parties
We currently do not share any information with third parties. But, although unlikely, in certain instances we may be required to provide information in response to a court order, subpoena, or government investigation. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful. We may release certain Personally Identifiable Information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
At times, our Sites and Applications may contain links to other third party websites. You access such linked sites at your own risk and any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law,
We shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the services and products offered on this site or the performance of its services and products.
We reserve the right to (i) modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) and (ii) refuse any and all current and future use of the Service, suspend or terminate use of the Service for any reason. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Service may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities and you release us from any and all liability stemming from such reporting and cooperating with local, state, federal and international law enforcement officials. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service.
We may, from time to time, need to interrupt the Service for maintenance or other operational reasons, as determined in its sole discretion, and you shall not receive any compensation or refund for such interruptions. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any interruption of Service for any reason.
We will notify you of any changes to the Policy by posting a new Policy and updating the "last modified" date at the top of this page.
All questions and concerns about this policy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: March 2017